Tuesday, August 21, 2007

69,168

That's how many feet I need to run (or in my case, job/walk) in two Sundays. So in a moment of clarity, I realized yesterday I needed to started to train for a half marathon in less than two weeks! :| So I ventured out in my running shoes and my heart rate monitor on, and tunes echoing in my ears. I ran 2.4 miles and surprising me enough, I ran it all, and kept a pretty good pace. Today, I'm a little sore but already looking forward to running again tonight, and maybe running a little further this time. I signed up for this Half a few months ago but just never got around to training. Yes, I was that lame. Now, in 11 days, I'll be dragging myself and running with one of my BMs around Anaheim!

So why am I toturing myself? Because I like pretty shiny medals, sorta like running and well, this is my way of working out for the wedding. It's a shame I can't use the motivation of wearing bikinis on the honeymoon or maybe my WEDDING DRESS.

Did you have troubles motivating yourself? How did you go about kicking your butt into gear?

No comments: