Monday, July 9, 2007

It isn't about me...

I don't think a wedding is about the bride at all. I think the only thing that is about the bride and groom are the vows. That being said, I think the wedding is about the family, the friends, united together for one night. This has been my mantra from day one, and because of that, I have always wanted to make this celebration as joyous and low maintenance as possible.

So how can I put our guests at ease at the reception? Emergency baskets in the restrooms to help aid any issues that might arise. It'll have the stereotypical personal hygiene stuff, but what about runs in the stockings? Or broken heels? What if a dancer gets a little to excited on a dance floor and rips something... I want our guests to be as comfortable as possible. Here are a few more ideas to add to the basket:

Baby wipes: To remove or reduce make-up stains on clothing. They also remove lint from clothing and dirt from shoes.

Blotting papers: For unexpected greasy moments.

Clear nail polish: For a torn stocking or loose button.

Hairspray: Also good for runs in stockings.

Masking tape or duct tape: For fallen hems.

Instant Krazy Glue To-Go: A quick fix for broken heels.

Mini sewing kit with safety pins: To temporarily mend fallen hems, broken straps, or small tears.

Pencil: The eraser can be used to secure post earrings.

Sharpie markers: To dab scuffed or scratched leather on shoes, purses, belts, etc.

Tide to Go stick: To attack stains in an instant.

Source

What are you putting in our baskets for your guests?

No comments: