Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Yes, it's normal...

I was talking to a bride earlier today and she was stressed out. She felt like her emotions were abnormal. My response is only one thing, "Honey, it's okay to be stressed out...everyone gets that way from time to time."

It's understandable to want to pull out your hair over the details of the wedding. I really think it's a woman's conflict aversion way to freak out about the lifetime commitment you make. We deal with the details while the man just sees the aftermath. It's overwhelming and everyone has their breaking points. Some of us just hide it better than others.

It was the stress about doing everything last minute that made me want to do everything months in advance. It was the stress that made me bawl when my cat decided he hated invitations and dumped a water bottle all over them and in return made me order everything again. It was the stress that made me subconsciously write beer kabobs on something instead of beef kabobs. It's scary and stressful but in the end, it's all worth it.

So, all you brides out there, it is okay to want to scream about wedding details from time to time. When it gets to the breaking point, just walk away and speed dial your most trusting friend who'll let you rant! Don't worry, I know you'll survive and make it to the other side!

No comments: