Monday, March 24, 2008

Arenal Costa Rica

I found the most fantastic website that helped me book our domestic flights, hotels and excursions and got some great deals. For our first destination, we are going to Arenal.
The Arenal Volcano is the only volcano in Costa Rica constantly active since it woke up after 400 years with the big 1968 eruption producing huge ash columns, explosions & glowing red lava almost every day. It is considered one of the ten most active volcanoes in the world. This country is about beaches, rainforest and the spectacular Arenal.
--Arenal.net

Source
Okay... the photo is a bit over dramatic of it's daily eruptions but still... how amazing is this?! When I was on the Big Island and saw lava seep into the Pacific Ocean, I thought that would be the last time I'd ever see such a majestic site!!!


May I present to your our hotel: El Silencio del Campo






Next up... the excursions!!! :)

No comments: