Sometimes I just don't have time to cook full on meals. On those days, I revert to old home recipes like our fake quiche. It isn't really a quiche as it is a egg casserole but the hubby calls it fake quiche so i will too. While it's tasty on it's own, it needs something else, so I make Turkey Apple sausage to go with. YUM!!!
Fake quiche (serves 2)
1/4 cup reduced-fat shredded cheese
4 egg whites
2 whole eggs
3 slices of whole wheat bread
1/4 cup Fat free milk
1-2 cups asparagus (can substitute mushrooms or spinach --I used two cups)
1 tsp I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! spray
1 tsp of seasoning salt
1 clove of garlic
Preheat Oven 375
1. Pull out dish and spray and cover it with butter spray.
2. Slice up bread into little squares and toss into dish.
3. Mix the eggs and milk together.
4. Dice up your veggie of choice and add to egg mixture.
5. Add seasoning salt and garlic and mik one final time.
6. Pour mix on top of bread making sure everything is covered.
7. Add cheese to the top.
Into the oven for 30-40 minutes depending on the size of your dish. Pull out of oven when golden brown on top.
Turkey Apple Sausage (serves 2)
1/4 lb lean ground turkey
1 tbsp agave syrup
1 dash of poultry seasoning
1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil
1 dash of cinnamon
1. Mix all items in a bowl.
2. Heat pan to med-high and spray lightly with Pam.
3. Make little sausage patties with your hands and place them in the pan.
4. Cook on both sides until done.
Fake Quiche (per serving)
Turkey Apple Sausage (per serving)