Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Obessed...

A few years ago, I came across a distinct looking photo what was shot by a Holga camera.

The Holga is an inexpensive, medium format 120 film toy camera, originating in China, that later came to be appreciated for its low-fidelity aesthetic.
The Holga's cheap construction and simple meniscus lens often yields pictures that display vignetting, blur, light leaks, and other distortions. Ironically, the camera's quality problems became a virtue among some photographers, with Holga photos winning awards and competitions in art and news photography..[3] WIKI

I was fascinated by the colors and it's simplistic design I ended up ordering one for myself. I used the camera no more than a handful of times and it's just sitting collecting dust.

Last night, in a random moment of enlightenment(or lack of sleep), I started to obsessively thing about my poor little camera and how it never was modified for regular film (Holga's come being able to shoot in 120). So today I found directions and will be busting it out to get it ready for our trip back east.

Lomography, what holga is a part of, is just a fascinating form of photography that I see more and more photogs going for. I love how they are making weddings and portraits into art pieces. It's funny to think that all this started from a toy camera!

Source of shots

I've just realized that it's all this photobook, waiting for proofs, seeing friend e-pics, that have made me because obsessed again with photography. Uggh...

No comments: