Monday, January 3, 2011

WHERE'S MY SNOW???!

I woke up this morning and in my haze, opened my phone to see the latest Facebook ramblings.  Funny how almost all of them were from my friends who still live in my home town, all the same thing... SNOW!!!  Now they barely got 2-3 inches but that was still enough to close down the town.  No school, no work, nothing.  If there was any moment in my life where I wanted to live there, right now was this moment.  Oh how I didn't want to go to work today!  I stumbled to the window and said a little prayer, in hopes that there'd be snow outside our home but when I pulled the blinds back I got was wet wet wet earth. No snow, just more rain.  Something I really like but today it wasn't cutting it.  I wanted my snow day.

Now let's get this party started.  Are you ready for a new week? I am.  I spent the better part of my evening yesterday menu planning/prepping for the family.  For the adults and for the little kupcake.  Let's see what is for dinner this week:
  • Monday: Roasted Chicken with potatoes and artichoke hearts (*new menu item)
  • Tuesday: Butternut Squash Soup with popcorn chicken 
  • Wednesday: Macaroni Casserole with Turkey meat sauce
  • Thursday: BBQ chicken pizza (using leftover chicken from Monday)
  • Friday: Hawaiian shredded pork nachos (*crock pot meal)
  • Saturday: Dinner out
*items for yearly to do list challenge

Breakfast and lunch for the week were prepped too:
  • Breakfast: Oatmeal.  Mine has Apple, Banana, Blueberry, Walnuts, Raisins, Almond Milk and a hint of brown sugar and Cinnamon.  YUMMM!!!!
  • Lunch:  Balsamic Vinegar Chicken salad. 
The kupcake will be eating apples, apples with blueberry, and of course lots and lots of milk!  Exciting huh?

By the time I was done, the kitchen was a MESS!  I'm surprised the Governor didn't issue it a DISASTER AREA!  I made my breakfasts and the chicken for my lunches, made the butternut squash soup, steamed a bag of apples, got the chicken prepped for Monday's dinner, made Wednesday's dinner so it will just pop into the oven when it's time and packaged everything up.  Phew!  It was a lot of work but so happy it is over with.

Now onto my to-do list:
  • Get the website up.  I tried migrating stuff over last week but broke something.  Fingers crossed we can open up the store this week and I can finally share it with you!
  • Run/Walk 10 miles (must bring running gear to work this week)
  • Do two hundred various types of sit ups
  • Put away little girl clothes
  • Take down last of the Christmas Decorations and pack it all up
  • Sushi dinner with friends
  • Create a chore list.  See... I totally plan everything out.  Only way to live I say!  
  • Get back on track with food.  I ate at least  15 pieces a candy everyday for the past 2 weeks.  I am all for moderation, two pieces a day to combat cravings, but seriously, I dove in and never looked back. 
So that's our life here at the planner household. 

I'm looking forward to moving again.  I feel like a total sloth!  What are you looking forward to this week?

1 comment:

Linda said...

I continue my sloth like behavior for the first 2 weeks of January. I don't really get going til around MLK weekend!