Tuesday, January 11, 2011

34 hours down... 86 to go!

  No sugar that is.  I must say I've been pretty nice.  Last night was my first real craving.  It was dessert time and didn't feel like making a fruit smoothie so I sat in the media room folding clothes and was really jonesing for something, then it dawned on me, PEANUT BUTTER!  Why didn't I think of this before?  I skipped down the hallway and checked the ingredients... just peanuts!  HOORAY!!!  I pulled out an apple, chopped it up and slathered peanut butter all over it and omg, OMG OMG OMG... it was good!  I probably ate about 10 tablespoons of it but who's counting.  The hubby saw me come back in the room and asked what I had.  The conversation went something like this:

Hubby: What are you eating?
Me: Dessert!
Hubby: HA! I win!
Me: No you don't! I'm not eating sugar. ~smirk~
Hubby: Peanut butter has sugar.
Me: NOPE, not ours. It's OHHH natural! ~dancing in my seat~
Hubby: Well..hmmm.
Me: MMM MMM MMM
Hubby: I'm going for a run! ~walks outs in a huff and comes back in a few minutes later~
Hubby: Okay, I'm going. ~kisses me~ Eww, you smell like peanut butter!
Me: I know, right?! YUM! ~big smile~
Awww... sweet victory!  I know it's only one day down but still, I'm happy I made it through day one.  It will be interesting how quickly I will finish off this bottle of the good stuff and move onto bottle numero dos.  Tonight, I think I will have some bug snacks... celery with peanut butter and raisins.  :P

  Have you ever given up sweet treats?  If so, how long did you last?

No comments: