Now, let's move on. It's Monday so you know what that means: MEAL PLANNING DAY. Yesterday while at Target, I was browsing the dollar section I found a little dry erase board. What a perfect little thing to keep us on track. We have a saying at the planner household, "if it's written down then we must follow through." I tossed it in the cart and took it home. It helped out a lot when I was prepping meals for the week. So what are we eating?
- Monday: Hawaiian Pork Nachos (we didn't make this last week)*
- Tuesday: Whole Wheat Spaghetti with Turkey & Mushroom Sauce
- Wednesday: Chicken Tikka Marsala with Garlic Naan (naan came from Trader Joe's)
- Thursday: Prosciutto wrapped Turkey Burgers
- Friday: French Dip Sandwiches (with pork meat)*
- Saturday: Sushi with friends!
Desserts this week will be fruit slurpees. All fruit, no sugar. :) YUM!
So what did I prep last night?
- Boiled the chicken and now marinating in the Tikka Marsala sauce we bought
- Slow Cooked the pork for Monday and Friday's meals
- Made the Turkey and Mushroom Sauce
- Made Minestrone soup for a side dish for this week's meals.
- Made a week's worth of Banana/Apple/Walnut/Raison Oatmeal
- Made the turkey burger patties
Moving on to this week's to-do list:
- Work out 3 times during my lunch break (must bring running gear and shower gear to work)
- Finish cleaning my room. Yup, it's dirty and it needs a good deep cleaning.
- Figure out vacation plans for Memorial day. I'm DYING to plan another trip.
- Fix the vacuum. I broke it... how? I have long hair and if you do too you'll understand.
- Finish cleaning the garage. Hubby did a terrific job this weekend and now all that's left is the shelves.
- Put away little girl clothes.