Sunday, September 23, 2007

Two things...

... okay, there are two things that I just can't let go of until the day of the wedding, one, is flowers... and the second one is the music, more importantly our first dance.

My FI loves music but out of the two of us, I am more of the audiophile. When I hear certain songs, I'm time warped by to a place and can close my eyes and remember that exact feeling. And of all the moments on our wedding day, I always thought that this one dance would capture everything because of the music. So now, I'm stuck with a bit of a dilemma what song to pick. I know, I said I already found the song (my ever favorite: Just like Heaven by the Cure but adapted by another musician who slowed it down a bit) but recently we heard another song by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus (your Guardian Angel).

A portion of lyrics from Just like heaven

"Show me how you do that trick
The one that makes me scream" she said
"The one that makes me laugh" she said
And threw her arms around my neck
"Show me how you do it
And I promise you I promise that
I'll run away with you
I'll run away with you"




A portion of lyrics from Your Guardian Angel

When I see your smile, tears roll down my face. I can't replace.

And now that I'm strong, I have figured out,
How this world turns cold and it breaks through my soul.
And I know, I'll find, deep inside me, I can be the one.

I will never let you fall.
I'll stand up with you forever.
I'll be there for you through it all.
Even if saving you sends me to heaven.


Okay... with lyrics, it's a pretty easy choice, but when you listen to both songs, Just Like Heaven is more even and Your Guardian Angel is well, beautiful, until 2.5 minutes into the song and then it rocks out a bit.

So... it's either THIS:



or this:



I LOVE the second song a million times over, I'm just a bit nervous of the rocked out part. (There is an acoustic version... it's also pretty good but might be a little slow) :) If you had the choice between the two, which one would you go with?

No comments: