Monday, April 7, 2008

Just a bit of a tomboy...


One of my coworkers sent me the most fantastic link this morning. It was about the local Mud Run going on this weekend at our nearby base!

The race starts at 12:30 p.m. Saturday and will take runners on a 2-mile course that begins at the Naval Construction Training Center Headquarters building at Port Hueneme. It ends with a series of obstacles as well as several 2- and 3-foot-deep mud pits.

Participants are advised to wear old clothes because although the competition will be fair, it's impossible to run a clean race.

Within minutes I was all signed up! I can't wait to get all muddy and participate with the hubby! (plus it will help add a few more miles to my weekly counts!) I've always wanted to do a Muddy Buddy but just haven't found the right one to fit into my already hectic schedule. Have you?

No comments: