Tuesday, April 8, 2008

it's all about illusions...

When shopping for any sort of clothes you gotta know what looks good on you. I like to believe models are aliens and so therefore they don't exist. So while those aliens can wear anything they want, we have to figure out how types of clothes can give us the illusion to bring out our inner model. For me, I lack a waist. I'm the essence of the stick figure, except instead of a stick, my mid section is more like a tree trunk. Even though my favorite outfit in the world is my hubby's sweatshirts with a pair of lounge shorts, I still drool over fashion mags and own TONS of dresses. When I do pull out a dress from the corner of the closet, I tend to also open up the belt drawer. Nothing like throwing a belt on to create an illusion of a waist! From my shower outfit:



...to even my wedding dress...



I had to find something to make it give the illusion. So now that I gave away my secret... what secrets do you have to help you look your best?

No comments: