Blueberry Banana Flax Seed Waffles
with Strawberry Sauce
Makes 12 waffles
- 1 cup of regular flour
- 1/2 cup of rice flour
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 teaspoons of flax seed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups of cut up strawberries
- 1 teaspoon of Splenda (to sweeten up)
- 1 splash of Balsamic vinegar
- Turn waffle iron on to highest setting
- Mix dry ingredients together (this include flax seed)
- Separate egg and mix in yolk, almond milk, extract, blueberries
- Mash in Banana
- In a Separate bowl, mix egg white till fluffy and fold in last.
- Spray waffle iron with Pam and pour mixture in waffle and cook for appropriate amount of time (I cook ours for 3.5 minutes).
- While they are cooking, heat up sauce pan and toss in all sauce ingredients. Let mix simmer and mash up strawberries in there. If you want it a little more runny, add just a splash of water.
- Serve up and eat!
Nutritional information for waffles and sauce (1 waffle and dollip of sauce is one serving):