Monday, March 14, 2011

Fun filled weekend in the backyard

I had the most perfect weekend any dirt loving girl could have.  On Saturday morning, thanks to forgetting what Pilates class I signed up for I was early and got a chance to go buy plants.  I spend the afternoon repotting and seeding, and planting lots of different things like: cabbage, purple king beans, broccoli, corn, squash, zucchini, strawberries, cantaloupe, and watermelon.  I cleaned and tilled and got dirt all over myself and it was just pure bliss.  on Sunday, we took advantage of OSH's no tax sale and bought more dirt, solar lights, irrigation kit, grass seed, and other fun goodies.  It was PARADISE!  Nothing is better than the smell of fresh dirt!  After lunch, my friend and I spend the afternoon putting in the irrigation system, planting lots of sunflowers, garlic, and cauliflower.  Everything is sprouting and blossoming I really need to take some photos to share.  It is just so nice that we have that extra hour now of light.  Now if only I can get the Kupcake's schedule back to normal!  :)

  Now onto this week's dinner menu:
  • Sunday: Take out-didn't feeling like cooking
  • Monday:  Chicken Pot Pie (with crockpot chicken*) -- Happy ╥ Day!
  • Tuesday:  Leftover chicken & garlic lemon pasta
  • Wedensday:  Cuban Sandwiches & spring salad
  • Thursday: Shepard's Pie* -- Happy St. Patty's day!!
  • Friday:  Grilled Salmon & veggies
  • Saturday:  eat out...
    *falls into my new meal and slow cooker meal of the week

Looking forward to this week's meals.  What is on the weekly to do list?
  • Run!  RUN LOTS!  12 days away till my next 5k race. 
  • Start working on Kupcake's first birthday decorations... will talk more about it later.
  • Clean up the website
  • Finish cleaning our room (seriously, you'd think that I'd want to keep my own private space nice and clean.)
  • Get everything ready for a garage sale this weekend
  • Finish irrigation system
  • lay rock border for shade garden
Yup, that's about it.  This week should be a good one.  I still have to get used to the new time change.  The alarm went off just a little too early for me today!  Need to acclimate myself!

How is your week shaping up?  Doing anything fun?

No comments: