Thursday, March 10, 2011

Kitchen Sink Cookies Recipe

You know sometimes you just need that sweet fix and don't know what to make?  What about kitchen sink cookies!  I made a few nights ago because I needed something like I needed a million bucks.  I had to have something yummy but didn't know what to make.  I started pulling out a bunch of things from the pantry and fridge and ended up with these!

Kitchen Sink Cookies
makes 1.5 dozen small cookies

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup flour (I used rice/whole wheat flour mix)
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
  • 2 dates chopped up
  • 2 tbsp coconut 
  • 1 tbsp chopped walnuts
  • 1/6 cup chocolate (I have a bar of baking chocolate so I just cut off some)
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Directions:
  • Preheat oven for 375°
  • Toss everything together
  • Bake for 10 minutes
  The nice thing about these cookies is that 2-3 of them does the trick and the rest can go in the cookie jar!

No comments: