Thursday, March 3, 2011

mmmm.... peanut butter!

If you know me, I have a fascination for all things peanut buttery.  It's the cat's pajamas and to say I love love love it is a vast understatement.  When I heard it was National Peanut Butter Month (YEA!!!) I decided I will celebrate weekly by making forms of peanuty goodness at least once a week. This week I made Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal cookies.  OMG it was delish!  I had about a trillion of them (okay, I had two but would have had more but they fill you up).  I knew once I tasted them I had to share the recipe.

Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cookies

Ingredients
  • 1 cup of regular flour
  • 1/2 cup of brown rice flour
  • 2 cups of oatmeal
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup (or one small container) of apple sauce
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup of splenda
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
Topping
  • 2 ripe bananas
  • 2 tablespoons of peanut butter (I used Trader Joe's Organic non salted peanut butter)
  • 2 teaspoons of natural honey
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375°
  2. Mix dry ingredients together in large bowl
  3. Mix wet ingredients together in small bowl until fluffy, then add into big bowl and mix together.
  4. Spray pan with Pam and spoon out cookie mix.  Push down each cookie so it's flat and not rounded.
  5. Bake for 10 minutes.
  6. While cookies are baking, mix and mash all the topping ingredients together.
  7. After Baking, take out and let cool on rack.
  8. After they are cool, spoon the topping mix on top.
  9. Eat!

They are just too good to be true.  I made about 36 of them.  You can always use regular flour instead of the mix of flours I used.  I've been toying with healthifying recipes I find hence the apple sauce instead of oil and Splenda instead of regular sugar.  If you use regular sugar, use 1 cup.