- Pack a waste-free lunch: Use reusable containers and silverware. Time to eliminate tossing excess trash in that trash can. Just say no to sporks and plastic bags that you'll only use one. Not only will you save money in the long run by reusing, chances are you'll be able to pack a smarter and healthier lunch!
- Try making an effort to turn off lights when you leave the room. Keep a little jar on the counter top and those days you forget, drop in a quarter or dollar in the jar. At the end of the month, use that money to buy something like energy-efficient lights or your next trip to the farmer's market!
- Skip the gym and head outdoors. The weather is looking great so now it's time to wonder the streets or trails. By working outdoors, you're saving electricity!
- Time to wash those clothes in colder water. About 90% of the energy used in washing clothes is wasted on heating the water. Switch to warm or even cold and save!!!
- You're not using old school light bulbs are you? If you are guilty of it, time to switch. They are finally coming down in price and will save you money in the long run since they last longer!