Monday, June 2, 2008

another one?

After yesterday's 10k Love Run I started talking one of my friends and he mentioned another 1/2 coming up. It's the 31st America's Finest City Half Marathon on August 17, 2008. At first when I saw this I was totally in, then I started to read about it and realized I have to finish it in 3 hours.

WHOA...

But I still sent out the email to my girlfriends and my faithful partner in crime wrote back with a Y E S! So now today I have started another 12 week plan to train for another half. I know, this is the like the umpteenth time I've started training but really, I promise, I'm really going to try to train for this.



Above is the elevation map so I should be okay going into this. The last half we did, we finished 2:53 and it was hilly. So far I'm on the right path, but still...if it they warn you by saying "Finisher medals will be presented only to half marathoners finishing under the 3-hour time limit." EEK! Now if scaring you that you won't get a medal if you finish over 3 hours, doesn't make you push yourself, I don't know what will.

So... Goal for the week: 17 miles. I did a mile today in boot camp so 16 miles left for the week! WOOT!

Photos found here

No comments: