Monday, August 9, 2010

Just a few days to go before it all begins...

The countdown clock has been officially been placed on the blog for my first half marathon post pregnancy.  I have to admit I am a little intimidated for my first run/jog/walk next week.  In order to make sure I can be prepared I have quite a bit of exercise planned for this week.
  • Mon:  Walk to the store - 2 miles
  • Tues:  5k walk and Zumba in the evening
  • Wed:  Postpartum Yoga in the daytime with my little one and Pilates in the evening
  • Thur:  5k walk 
  • Fri:     5k walk/job and 30day shred dvd
  • Sat:    Pilates
  • Sun:   Training begins!
So yes, I'm trying to prepare myself the best I can without killing myself.  Sounds like a lot but everything is within reason.  Also I'm still ahead of the plan to hit my pre-pregnancy weight by Mid Sept.  It'd be nice to hit it before but not holding my breath.  This whole thing is going to be interesting to say the least.  I already set up weekly updates so you can all yell/praise me depending on how much I do during the program.  I can't believe I signed up for a half, much less toying with the idea of doing two in two weeks.  I only signed up for one just in case.  Guess we'll see how it goes.  :)

P.S. Why of WHY does it have to get hot when I am starting to train?

1 comment:

Linda said...

I know you can do it. Keep us updated on how it goes this week.