Monday, February 7, 2011

Cold...

...it is not here.  I spent the weekend in a tank top and shorts.  The joys of living in southern California where chilly is 60. (not it was not 60, it was closer to 80 here)  The weekend was a good one.  A little bit of this and a little bit of that.  There was some gardening (YEA, the dirt is ready to start planting in), a swing was hung for the kupcake, and an overnight trip was taken to the happiest place on Earth.  We even watched a football game, got in some pilates, took a long walk with my friend and her munchkin, made taco salad, and folded some clothes.  It was everything we wanted it to be, it was a perfect weekend.  Now because it was so perfect, there is always something that tends to drop off the radar and that was food prep.  I was so relaxed we didn't even plan our dinners until LATE (okay 730).

So what's for dinner?
  • Monday:  Sloppy Joes (turkey style)
  • Tuesday: Cheesy Chicken & Broccoli Rice Casserole *
  • Wednesday: Sushi with Friends
  • Thursday:  Asain Style Pork Wraps*
  • Friday: Spaghetti
  • Saturday:  Eat out
  • Sunday: Chicken Fingers and Butternut Squash Soup
* works for the things to do list (slow cooker and new recipe)

  I'm looking foward to this week's meals but afraid I don't get lazy and just ask the hubby "can't we just pick something up?!"  I did that last week, I felt guilty afterward but when you are tired, you are tired.

What's on the weekly to do list?
  • Workout  (more than just pilates)
  • Plant broccoli, bok choy, and garlic
  • Get top shelf of garden ready to plant (buy more dirt)
  • Ebay some items
  • Pick up a few things at the grocery store
  • Clean media room and guest room
  • toss dead plants (every year we get this lofty idea that big plants would look great in the house, then we buy them and kill them.  I have two dead plant corpses in the media room now.  very sad)
Looking forward to yet another week.  It's funny, I don't dread Monday's like I used to.  Now I just think of them as telescope to the the weekend.  Hope you are all having a great Monday so far!

  How do you find inspiration for your meals? Do you plan them in advance?

No comments: