Today I wanted to do a quick and easy dinner since we had boxing (ended up doing conditioning) tonight. Pasta was on the mind so I started to rummage through the cupboards and found a box of gluten-free penne and tossed it on the stove. It was perfect start to what turned into the perfect dinner.
Spinach and Mushroom Pasta Casserole
1 box of pasta
1 can of tomato sauce
1 cup of shredded mixed cheese
1 package of mushrooms (I get chopped, less work for me)
2 cups of diced spinach
1-2 tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp basil
1 tsp 21 seasoning (trader joes)
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp olive oil
1. Boil the pasta
2. In saucepan, add tomato sauce, seasonings, and garlic and bring to a boil
3. In another pan, sauté mushrooms and a pinch of salt until tender.
4. Add mushrooms and spinach and bring down to a simmer.
5. When pasta is done, place pasta in a casserole dish and add the sauce. Miss all together.
6. Add 3/4 cup cheese and mix in.
7. Add remainder of cheese on top
When it's time to bake, preheat oven to 350 and bake for 25-30 minutes.
This meal is a great make ahead and store until ready to bake. It's a hit every kids and adults. As you can see they nearly polished it off!