Monday, April 11, 2011

Happy for the new week...

What a wonderful weekend!  It was just perfect (aside from the Groupon/Dominos issue Saturday night that got fixed Sunday morning via Groupon). It was filled with lots of swim class, family time, shopping, gardening, some inventory, a little cooking, and a whole lotta laughter.  We finally added a trellis for our grapes this year and super excited to watch it grow.  Must take some photos this week of it.  We also planted more strawberries and got a few more plants (cucumbers, snap peas, and more cucumbers).  I have NO CLUE where I'm going to put them but I will find a place.  I always do.  I harvested about 5 lbs of lettuce and bot choy.  It was just screaming for me to snap up and can't wait to start harvesting the celery too!  All in all, it was a great weekend.

Let's plan dinner shall we?

  • Sunday: Homemade Meat Lovers Pizza (italian sausage, pepperoni, prosciutto, oh my!)
  • Monday: Chicken Satay (Trader Joe's) with wild rice and asparagus
  • Tuesday: Marinated Chicken (in a balsamic glaze) over salad
  • Wednesday: Veggie Frittata*
  • Thursday: Sloppy Turkey Joe's and kale chips (hubby's new favorite)
  • Friday:Homemade Beans in the slow cooker*
  • Saturday: Out to eat
* denotes meals in the slow cooker/ new recipe list

Let's see, whats on the weekly to-do list?
  • Fix irrigation on the hill
  • Sheet mulch the crab grass. 
  • Add cover to the blueberries and strawberries (evil birds!)
  • workout 5 times (run 10 miles)
  • Ikea trip (YAY YAY YAY!!!)
  • Work on Easter stuff
  • Relax
This week is shaping up to a great week.  The weather is looking up and I'm finally back in the routine of working out.  I even went to spin class today!  :)

Any fun plans for the week?

No comments: