Vigilante Lasagna (serves two)
1/2 package of ground lean turkey (can you any ground meat you want. Beef NEVER enters this house so turkey it is)
1 small can of tomato sauce (the sauce can is thinner than paste but you can use either)
1 cup of water
6-8 lasagna strips (depends on how many rows you want)
Seasonings from garden or herb rack (I use the following: seasoning salt, savory, poultry seasoning, sage, basil, oregano, Italian seasoning)
2 cloves of garlic
2 chives (or mini onions)
1. Boil some water for the pasta
2. While that is going, heat up pan for meat with olive oil. I don't measure it, but I'd say 1/2 - 1 tablespoon. 3. Cook your meat, when it is 3/4 done, add 1/2 cup of water and all your seasonings (I do two or three shakes of each or a few pinches)
4. When meat is done, add can of tomato sauce and the rest of the water. Stir and taste. If it needs more seasoning add more. I usually add two or three shakes of each seasoning in it and taste until I can't stop eating it. When you are happy with it, turn to low and cover to just simmer.
5. Check your pasta, hopefully it is done.
Time to put it all together:
Since it's just me and the hubby, I use French Onion soup bowl but I'm sure you can use a medium ramekin or small casserole dish.
1. Add a little olive oil to the bottom of the bowls to it doesn't stick
2. Order goes like this:
- Pasta (that i cut in half to fit)
- Spoonful of ricotta (spread out to thin layer)
- A pinch of Parmesan
- A bigger pinch of Mozzarella
When it is time to cook, bake at 375 for about 30 minutes till the top is a golden brown. Let sit for about 10 minutes before serving and enjoy!