Monday, June 21, 2010

closing in on 40...

I just noticed on my google home page we only have 4 days till we hit our due date.  Funny thing is regardless of the contractions and that number, it still seems a world away that any day our daughter is going to be born.  My dad made a comment to us this past weekend how relaxed we were.  I think all the grandparents are more stressed than we are about it.  I do wonder if there will come a point that I too will get a bit freaked out.  For now, I'm not and just enjoying these last few moments before our lives change once again. 

In the last few weeks since being off work I've been keeping myself busy with lots of yoga, spending time with my new friends (all with bellies like mine) and doing random chores in the house.  I've prepared meals and even read most of the magazines that I've held off from the past few months because well, I had no need for ab workouts.  :)  The garden is blooming beyond belief finally and our flowers are brightening up our mundane backyard.  Things are in place you can say, now it's just a matter of adding that extra puzzle piece that's baking in my belly.  She'll come soon, maybe tonight or maybe on 4th of July.  For now though, I'm just happy. 

No comments: