Sunday, February 21, 2010

Project 12 - February update #2

So far, I have to say this has been so much fun. Not just working on KLM's room, but just finishing projects that have been lurking in the background.

  • Get up to date on all our travel albums. (we make one album for every trip we take) Currently behind on 2-3.
    Done... except for NYC/Philly Trip (will do this week)
  • Finish our daughter's room (paint side table and her initials for her room)
    Done
  • Create a height chart to keep her measurements that we'll be able to take with us if we ever move. Done. What I like about this is that we'll be able to measure her when she's still little and can't stand. We can just put the chart on the floor and measure that way. Simple and gets the job done.



  • Figure out a backing to mini table to hide nasty cords in the living room. YUCK! Done. This was way to easy.

    Before (please excuse the cobwebs)


    After (All we used was a piece of black cardboard (that kids use for the science fair) and just cut a piece. Luckily I cut it very snug so it just fit perfectly without moving)




    I think since there are a few days left, I might tackle one more project... but this one might need some help from LMP's momma. I can sew, but just can't work a sewing machine. Does that make sense? It's the whole thread thing that just throws me for a loop. But today I will be googling some "how to thread a sewing machine" and hopefully I can figure out this whole bobbin situation I have going or what I like to call it: Bobbin-Gate.
  • 2 comments:

    Linda said...

    Yea, I'm no good at the bobbin thing either. I've damaged many of them as well as needles. I think they should come pre-loaded!

    robyn said...

    If you find a good site let me know...my sewing machine has been sitting on a shelf for two years because I can't thread it!