Wednesday, October 10, 2007

My special friend's wedding!

My special friend got married last weekend. I had two other friends get married but this one was really more personal for me. A lot of it had to do with I am close to him and have known him for YEARS and always thought of him as my brother, but a little bit really hit home that our wedding was just a few weeks away.

While our trip home was very short, it was good to be in the town I grew up in. It was good to see old friends and drive down the old neighborhoods. But enough about me reminiscing, I wanted to fill y'all in on what I loved about his wedding.

His wedding was everything I could ever want, a room FILLED with loved ones and lots of laughter. Him and his wife (YIPPIE!) were soo very happy and soo relaxed I hope I can learn from them and be like that too on our wedding day. I think those two things made it unbelievable. The music was cool and they had munchies on the table. Their favors were very neat. They used boxes like this:

... and added different types of candy to it (we got sour letters and skittles! yum!) and then placed a Zazzle sticker they made with a engagement photo! Very simple and fun!

They kept with the autumn them with table runners with their fall colors! They had long tables and placed multiple bowls of potpourri with candles in it throughout so the aroma was a nice afterthought too! All in all, sometimes keeping it simple and streamlined is the way to go! I wish I took photos but I was bad and didn't!

All in all, it was a great wedding and they did an amazing job!

To my special friend: many years of joy and laughter! You two are the perfect pair!

No comments: